Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Simple Pleasures

Usually when people describe my life, the first word that comes out of their mouths is "busy". And I'll admit... my days are generally spent in the hectic. Visiting my sister, bro, and niece in NY has been amazing for me. A great time to slow down and relish in the moment. As much as a to-do list nags my neurons, little Allegra sure erases the thought with her precious little smile.

As she sleeps, I am reminded of many of the simple pleasures I often take for granted. The things that are readily available to me that pretty much make my day. Those tasty treats that don't cost me my tuition... Here are a few:

Snyder's Hot Buffalo Wings Pretzel Pieces and a Coca Cola hecha en Mexico.



Things to know:
1. Hot Buffalo Wings is a whole new flavor in Snyder's of Hanover's repertoire. Their original honey mustard totally kicks tail, too!
2. You MUST get the pretzel pieces. NOT the pretzel bites. The pieces are far more flavorful.
3. It's not spicy, but it's got enough of a punch to surprise your buds with each bite.
4. Nothing washes it down like a Cola with real sugar. You gotta counterbalance the artificial flavor of the wings with some real sugar, right?!

The Stars at the Bucks

So... I'm not high maintenance... I just know what I want. Here are a few things I firmly believe must be ordered at least once in your life, unless you're me, then near daily!

1. Grande Iced Chai latte with soy in a Venti cup with a shot of espresso.
2. Tall Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate in a Grande cup with half pumps, soy, and a shot of espresso.

Clearly I like me some espresso...

And for food...

1. The Protein Plate! Yes yes yes!
2. The petite vanilla bean scone... perfection. Heaven's to Betsy, this puppy is perfection.



Indulge me... try at least one of these treats. You'll find them to be indulgences you want to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment